Friday, July 26, 2013

NKBN: Crosshatch

A weekly feature on the blog, NOT Knit by Nat highlights great patterns by budding designers on Ravelry

I have a confession.  I am in a knitting funk.   I'm having a major case of startitis.   I'll knit something for a night, put it down and never go back to it.   How do I get out of this funk?    I feel like I need to frog everything I have on the go.  Lighten up my stash of yarn I know I will never ever knit with.  I need to pick a pattern.   I need to buy brand new yarn for that specific pattern.  (Buying new yarn will surely help, don't you think?  Come on.  Agree with me).  I need to start that pattern and finish that pattern and don't start anything else until I do.     What do you think?    What do you do when you get in that funk?

Maybe I need to start to knit socks.    Like fellow blogger  Natalie's Crosshatch pattern?   It's a good one!  Great for handpainted yarn.     Handpainted yarn will help, don't you think ;-)?

Check out Natalie's blog too! Keeping us in stitches

2 comments:

  1. Have you looked into making actual plans for your yarn? It doesn't have to be specific (unless you want it to be). I usually go with: I want to make X, Y, and Z and then find yarn for it. You can go further and say, I have A, B, and C and I want to make socks with A, a shawl with B, and this specific pattern with C.

    ReplyDelete