Monday, January 11, 2010

Buttons Cardigan and Two Needle Baby Hat

Pattern: Buttons Cardigan #606 by Dana Gibbons
Size: 6-12 months, 2 years
Needle: US 5 / 3.75 mm
Yarn: Filatura Di Crosa Zara Solid
How much?: 4 skeins = 544.0 yards (497.4m)

I’ve made this sweater 3 times now in 3 different sizes and am more than happy with each of the results.

The purple version is size 2 knit in Zara superwash Merino. Great beginner project as it’s knit top down, so no seaming and you get to practice knitting in the round for the arms. The buttons allow you to really jazz up the piece and make it extra special. I used a doggy and little paws for the blue version and purple and white striped buttons for the purple sweater.










The blue version is size 6 -12 months knit with my hand-dyed Berroco Ultra Alpaca with a Kool-aid concoction of blues and browns.
The hat is the Bunny Hop 2 Needle Baby Hat by Susan Druding. It was a nice quick knit, it literally took me a few hours to finish. It was an interesting experience knitting a hat flat…but at the end of the day, I hate seaming and I’m not very good at it. Unless I'm stuck with no circulars, it's in the round from here on in!

1 comment: