Monday, January 11, 2010

Fiona Baby Sundress, Flower Hat, Saartje's Booties



Pattern: Fiona Baby Sundress by Staci Perry
Size: 3-6 months
Yarn: Herrschners Worsted Wool
How much? 1 skeins = 215.0 yards (196.6m)


Such a cute, quick knit. I love that the pleated detail at the waist makes this sundress transform into a little gown. As usual, a well written pattern by Staci Perry. The flower is modified from Susan Anderson’s Flower Hat and Cardigan set from Itty Bitty Nursery. I added an extra increase for the petals and the centre to give it that large impact I was going for. The leaf is from the Wee Leafy Baby Set at www.flintknits.com. I gave this outfit as a baby gift with a matching blouse and the smallest jean jacket you’ve ever seen, but I’m thinking a tiny simple lace shrug would put this ensemble right over the top!

Pattern: Flower Cardigan and Hat Set by Susan B. Anderson
Yarn: Herrschners Wool Blend Yarn


Everything Susan Anderson designs is adorable and this knit is no exception. The instructions are perfect, even down to the exact flower placement. While I’m not crazy for mixed acrylic yarns, this yarn was soft and not squeeky. The green yarn on the I cord was Herrschners Whisper Soft 100% acrylic which is surprisingly soft and luxe feeling. I always justify buying a pattern book if I fall in love with at least 3 of the patterns, but you’d be hard pressed to find a pattern you don’t want to cast on right away for. Definitely worth the $$.



Pattern: Saartje's Bootees by Saartje de Bruijn
Size: smallest
Yarn: Herrschners Wool Blend Yarn

These are an A++++++ in the cute department. They are a fun little knit and gets the oohs and aahs guaranteed. I’m not 100% happy with the way my little loops turned out, they were a bit too big and clumsy.
The yarn was splitting on the loops, so I improvised and applied several coats of clear nail polish to make a nice sturdy hook. Next time I think I might attempt to make a loop with elastic cord to make it more functional.



No comments:

Post a Comment