Sunday, January 31, 2010

Procrast.... (I'll finish that thought later)



About a year ago I was inspired to knit a simple lace pattern t-shirt for my goddaughter.  It is a great pattern, one that is a bit more grown up and fashionable, but still quite age appropriate.    I zoomed through the knit quickly and bound off excitedly.   And after that either I slipped into a coma or I began the world's longest soujourn through the depths of procrastination the planet has ever seen.  All I needed to do was weave in the ends.  That's it.  I didn't have to steek anything, I didn't have to pick up stitches and knit a trim, I didn't even have to really block the thing since it looks great as is (but I will).  One year.  To weave in ends.  Wow,  I suck.






Needless to say, what once fit a 5 year old a year ago, no longer fits a 6 year old today.  Luckily I have a dancing 3 year old ballerina that will get some use out of it (for a couple years to come).




Is it too late to declare a New Year's resolution?  I WILL FINISH WHAT I STARTED!  No procrastination.  No more unfinished objects lying in the ether of "almost done" land.  Eh, it's almost February, it's too late.  I'll resolute next year....




Pattern: Marina - Leaves Top by Simona Merchant-Dest

No comments:

Post a Comment