Friday, January 25, 2013

NKBN: Banana Rama Wrap


A weekly feature on the blog, NOT Knit by Nat highlights great patterns by budding designers on Ravelry


I know we have all bought yarn on a whim.   The impulsive purchase of something you've never knit with in a colour you just HAD to have.    That's what compelled me to buy some banana silk yarn in a burgundy colourway.  Yarn made from BANANA!  I just had to try it.  After swatching a few "ugly" ideas, I crocheted an open work cowl and eagerly tried it on and looked in the mirror.  The circular knit piled round my face in a Bordeaux coloured fuzz reminded me faintly of something but I couldn't quite figure it out until Ella walked by me and said "Whoa! Mama.  You look like you have a beard!".  And then it hit me. I looked like Captain Redbeard.   It's banished to the bottom of the reject pile.  I can't even bring myself to take a photo of it to show you.    It's that hideous.

So that brings me to this week's NKBN knitter Lara who designed something out of banana fibre yarn that looks nothing like any sort of facial hair.   Her wrap is boho-chic beautiful!    






No comments:

Post a Comment